Copyright © 2018, Pennsylvania School Boards Association.
User's grant of nonexclusive license
By providing data in response to this Web site, or otherwise participating in or using any communications service, webcast, group site or other interactive activity on this Web site (content), you:
- Grant PSBA with respect to such data that you provide or post, a nonexclusive irrevocable worldwide license in any media now or hereafter known to use, reproduce, display, perform, adapt, modify, distribute, have distributed, and promote the content in any form, anywhere and for any purpose; and
- Warrant and represent that you own or otherwise control all of the rights to the content and that public posting or other use of the content by PSBA will not infringe or violate the property or other rights of any third party.
Rules of user conduct
You agree to abide by all procedures and requirements of PSBA, including but not limited to, agreeing not to use this Web site for any unlawful purpose. By posting information, participating in, listening to or otherwise using any communications service, webcast, group site or other interactive service that may be available to you on or through this Web site, you agree that you will not upload, post or otherwise distribute or facilitate distribution of any content, including text, communications, software, images, sounds, data or other information, that:
1. Is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, invasive of another’s privacy, harassing, defamatory, deceptive, fraudulent, vulgar, obscene, hateful, or that appear to be intended to embarrass, offend, belittle, intimidate, degrade or cause distress or discomfort to other users, or that promote bias or divisiveness based on race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, religion age or disability;
2. Impersonates another person, including but not limited to a PSBA employee, or acting in any ways which otherwise misappropriate, harm or violate another person’s personal or property rights;
3. Constitutes advertising, promotional materials, or any other forms of solicitation or offers of goods, services or investments for sale, including but not limited to “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” or unsolicited mass distribution of e-mail, or any material touting or promoting specific stocks, securities or other investments, or promoting any kind of lottery or gambling;
5. Infringes on any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, right of publicity, or other contractual or property right of any person or entity;
6. Contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs that are designed or intended to disrupt, damage or limit the functioning of any software, hardware or telecommunications equipment or to damage or obtain unauthorized access to any data or other information of any third party;
7. Disguises or otherwise falsifies information about the user accessing this website or about the author or creator of any material posted, uploaded to or transmitted via this website;
8. School board members must not post messages about official board matters.
Important: Messages shared through PSBA group sites/message boards or other interactive services are not private. Do not post confidential, private or legally privileged information.
Tapes or transcripts of public meetings
Webcasts, audio/video tapes or transcripts of open meetings or sessions, workshops, symposia or public data-gathering meetings sponsored by PSBA, which are made available on this Web site, are not official reports of PSBA. Opinions and statements included in such audio or video tapes, transcripts or webcasts of such events are solely those of the individual persons or participants, and are not necessarily adopted or endorsed or verified as accurate by PSBA.
Disclaimer of warranties
Information on this website is provided only for educational purposes, and should not be regarded as professional advice nor a substitute for the assistance of an attorney. There is no guarantee that any transmission of data over the World Wide Web is completely secure. PSBA cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us. Any such transmission is done at your own risk.
ALL MATERIALS, INFORMATION, SOFTWARE, PRODUCTS, AND SERVICES INCLUDED IN OR AVAILABLE THROUGH THIS WEB SITE (THE “CONTENT”) ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” FOR YOUR USE. THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. YOUR USE OF THIS SITE IS SOLELY AT YOUR RISK. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, PSBA SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES THAT RESULT FROM THE USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE, THIS SITE.
Links to other websites are provided to assist Internet users in their searches for information, and do not indicate or imply that the Pennsylvania School Boards Association endorses the organizations or other owners of such websites or their products, information or philosophies, nor does PSBA vouch for the accuracy, completeness or currency of any such information. Although PSBA endeavors to remove broken links when they are brought to PSBA’s attention, PSBA takes no responsibility for the functionality of any link.
PSBA Business Partners
The granting of Business Partner does not constitute or imply an endorsement by PSBA of the products or services by a Business Partner.
Upon a request by PSBA, you agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless PSBA and its employees, officers, council members and agents from all liabilities, claims and expenses, including attorney's fees, that might arise from your use or misuse of this Web site. PSBA reserves the right, at their own expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you, in which event you will cooperate with PSBA in asserting any available defenses.
Choice of law and forum
Opinions expressed do not necessarily reflect PSBA positions. Within the parameters of fair use, articles may be printed and photocopied for individual or educational use, provided the above copyright notice appears on each copy. Articles may not be otherwise linked, transmitted, or reproduced in print or electronic form without the consent of PSBA.