The Pennsylvania School Boards Association (PSBA) announces today that more than 400 school districts have adopted a charter school reform resolution calling for change to the 24-year-old charter school law. This announcement comes just in time for the Charter Reform Virtual Rally event happening today that has more than 200 PSBA members coming together to advocate and ensure that the General Assembly hears their concerns. The day’s outreaches will focus on asking legislators to change the unbalanced charter school funding formula that hurts school districts, students and taxpayers by misallocating education resources.
In addition to the support Gov. Wolf and some legislators have already given the charter funding issue, PSBA would like to thank all school districts who have joined the collective voice, with special thanks to the school districts that recently pushed the number to over 400! For a complete list of school districts who have adopted a charter reform resolution, visit the PA Charter Change website.
- 398 – Southwestern School District in York County
- 399 – Moon Area School District of Allegheny County
- 400 – Pottsgrove School District of Montgomery County
- 401 – Galeton School District of Potter County
- 402 – Williamsburg Community School District of Blair County
- 403 – Lewisburg Area School District of Union County
- 404 – Conestoga Valley School District of Lancaster County
- 405 – Tyrone Area School District of Blair/Huntington Counties
- 406 – Everett Area School District of Bedford County
- 407 – New Brighton Area School District of Beaver County