Duties of the Department of School Board Secretaries and Affiliates of the Pennsylvania School Boards Association, Inc.
The purpose of this department is to provide a medium for school directors, school board secretaries, assistant board secretaries, acting board recording secretaries, recording secretaries and any person designated in a similar capacity in a public school of this commonwealth to exchange information and view concerning the administration of the public schools of the commonwealth.
Membership in the department shall be limited to school board secretaries, assistant board secretaries, acting board recording secretaries, recording secretaries and any person designated in a similar capacity in a public school of this commonwealth appointed by the local board or school district.
Members of the Executive Committee of the department shall be responsible for department affairs during the interim of the annual meetings. It shall be the duty of the Executive Committee to carry out the objectives and purposes of the department.
Executive Committee duties include:
- Attend four meetings each year at PSBA headquarters or other designated location.
- Serve a one-year term on Pennsylvania School Boards Association Affiliates Council during the term of committee President, which meets at least once a year.
- Travel expenses and lodging will be paid for by PSBA upon completion of the required expense reimbursement form, which is available at each meeting attended.
- Term of office is seven years including serving in the fifth year as committee vice-president, in the sixth year as committee president and in the seventh year as the committee immediate past president.
Besides the duties outlined above, each Executive Committee member is expected to contribute his/her knowledge and expertise in the development and presentation of projects throughout the year. These may include New Board Secretary workshops at various locations in PA, and the PASA-PSBA School Leadership Conference, where the Board Secretaries Department has a booth to promote its annual School Board Secretaries Conference. Attendance and participation at the annual School Board Secretaries Conference is most important.
Registration fees, travel expenses and lodging for Executive Committee members is paid for by PSBA for all events attended.
- Brochure: DSBSA Achieve Excellence — About the DSBSA
- Article: School Board Secretary: A generic job description
DSBSA Executive Committee
Jodi Onstead, Salisbury-Elk Lick SD
Tel: 814-662-2733 x-515
- Vice President
Beth Zeigler, Shikellamy SD
- Immediate Past President
Christine Kardong, Quaker Valley SD
- Carl Mitchell, Cameron Co. SD
Tel: 814-486-4000, x-3840
- Lorraine Rocco, Freedom Area SD
- Brian Feick, Lehighton Area SD
- Lisa L. Pittner, Crawford Central SD