Duties of the Department of School Board Secretaries and Affiliates of the Pennsylvania School Boards Association, Inc.
The purpose of this Department is to provide a medium for school directors, school board secretaries, assistant board secretaries, acting board recording secretaries, recording secretaries and any person designated in a similar capacity in a public school of this commonwealth to exchange information and view concerning the administration of the public schools of the commonwealth.
Membership in the Department shall be limited to school board secretaries, assistant board secretaries, acting board recording secretaries, recording secretaries and any person designated in a similar capacity in a public school of this commonwealth appointed by the local board or school district.
Members of the Executive Committee of the Department shall be responsible for Department affairs during the interim of the annual meetings. It shall be the duty of the Executive Committee to carry out the objectives and purposes of the Department.
Member duties include:
- Attend four meetings each year at PSBA headquarters or other designated location.
- Term of office is seven years including serving in the fifth year as committee vice-president, in the sixth year as committee president and in the seventh year as the committee immediate past president.
- Serve a one-year term on Pennsylvania School Boards Association Advisory Council during the term of committee President, which meets at least once a year.
- Travel expenses and lodging will be paid for by PSBA upon completion of the required expense reimbursement form, which is available at each meeting attended.
Besides the duties outlined above, each member is expected to contribute his/her knowledge and expertise in the development and presentation of projects throughout the year. These may include New Board Secretary workshops at various locations in PA, and the PASA-PSBA School Leadership Conference where the Board Secretaries Department has a booth to promote its annual School Board Secretaries Conference. Attendance and participation at the annual School Board Secretaries Conference is most important.
Registration fees, travel expenses, and lodging will be paid for by PSBA for all events attended.
- Article: School Board Secretary: A generic job description
DSBSA Executive Committee
Jodi Onstead, Salisbury-Elk Lick SD
Tel: 814-662-2733 x 515; email: email@example.com
Beth Zeigler, Shikellamy SD
Tel: 570-286-3721; email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Immediate Past President
Christine Kardong, Quaker Valley SD
Tel: 412-749-3617; email: email@example.com
Carl Mitchell, Cameron Co. SD
Tel: 814-486-4000, ext. 3840; email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Lorraine Rocco, Freedom Area SD
Tel: 724-775-7644; email: email@example.com
Brian Feick, Lehighton Area SD
Tel: 610-377-4490; email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Lisa L. Pittner, Crawford Central SD
Tel: 814-724-3121; email: email@example.com