PSBA has launched an exemplary educational program designed to provide first-term school directors with an eight-month experience that will grow their capacity as locally elected officials and leaders of public education. Participants will meet regularly during the 2022-23 school year via Zoom in addition to two in-person events. The program seeks to enhance their capacity as directors and advocates, as well as grow their relationship with PSBA and their locally elected officials.
Foster greater collaboration between school directors across the commonwealth, enhance communication among leaders, educate and grow the impact of PSBA’s advocacy efforts, and expand school directors’ understanding of policy issues impacting Pennsylvania’s public schools.
- Increase knowledge of the Pennsylvania political system and its impact on public schools.
- Grow leadership skills and develop new approaches to school governance.
- Discuss and develop approaches for fostering civility at the board table and managing community civil discourse during a divisive issue debate.
- Develop a cohort of school director leaders to continue their dialogue following the conclusion of the program.
- Foster a greater connection between PSBA to help accelerate school directors’ advocacy for public education at the local, state and federal levels.
Congratulations to the 2022 inaugural Policy Institute participants:
|Beth||Sviben||Central Dauphin School District|
|Bradley||Moore||Radnor Township School District|
|Brian||Conroy||Eastern Lancaster County School District|
|Brian||Petula||Lackawanna Trail School District|
|Catherine||Fox||Scranton School District|
|David||Tinker||Brentwood Borough School District|
|Elizabeth||Rosemeyer||Penn Hills School District|
|Elizabeth||Warner||North Allegheny School District|
|Frank||Cortazzo||South Allegheny School District|
|James||Brogna||Crestwood School District|
|Jason||Miller||Millersburg Area School District|
|Jay||Strunk||Pottsgrove School District|
|Jennifer||Schnore||Upper St. Clair Twp. School District|
|Lucy||Klain||Lower Merion School District|
|Megan||Schaeffer||Eastern Lebanon County School District|
|Robin||Goodson||School District of Lancaster|
|Sandra||Kozera||North Hills School District|
|Sarah||Nemitz||Salisbury Township School District|
|Sarah||Cruz||Scranton School District|
|Yu-Ling||Cheng||Avonworth School District|
If you would like to participate in the 2022-23 Policy Institute, please click here to download a PDF application or complete the webform below. If you have any additional questions about the Policy Institute, please contact Lena Hannah, member outreach manager, at Lena.Hannah@psba.org.