Welcome to the PSBA Grants Support program, now available as part of your PSBA membership. The Grants Support Program is a grants development resource for your school entity that allows you access to an intuitive and user-friendly searchable grants database here.
The PSBA Grants Support program provides school districts and affiliated local educational foundations with grants information, customized funder research and consultation that will help you develop project ideas, get new projects funded, and even expand initiatives that are already in the works.
To help schools access available grant funding, the PSBA Grants Support Program offers information, consultation, and support through a relationship with Grants Office LLC. PSBA members enjoy complimentary access to a searchable grants database as well as fairly priced consultative services.
Enjoy complimentary access to the UPstream portal to receive:
- Real-time access to a searchable database of current federal, state, and foundation grant opportunities
- Email alerts of new opportunities and pending deadlines
- Invitations to training on grant-seeking and education-friendly grant programs
Contact Deb Harrington, partnerships manager, (717) 506-2450, x-3326, to get started today!
Funder identification and consultation are available in two levels of support:
- A la carte funder identification by project — Click on “Request Research” in the UPstream portal, and you can request a report of funders for a specific project. In about a week, a consultant will deliver the report with details on funding opportunities from federal, state, and foundation sources based on the project information you provided. The consultant will also review your report with you in a follow up call to answer any questions you have and help you target your best prospects.
- Unlimited annual support — Unlimited support provides any employee of participating districts and their affiliated local educational foundations with unlimited access to consultants through the PSBA Grants Support Program Helpdesk.
Typical Helpdesk support includes:
- Conducting basic funder research for identified projects
- Providing insightful analyses of grant programs
- Providing rationale for grant recommendations
- Participating in conference calls to discuss grant-seeking strategy
- Reviewing and supplying useful feedback on grants written internally by school or foundation personnel
- Procuring RFPs, grant contact information, funding histories, web addresses, etc., upon request
Helpdesk requests can be submitted by email, by phone, or through the UPstream portal. The Helpdesk will be available to receive calls from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Eastern Standard Time.
PSBA members may also request proposal development services. Fees for proposal development are based on the complexity of the grant application and the anticipated level of effort required to develop a compliant proposal. All PSBA members enjoy a 25% discount on standard proposal development pricing.
Pricing and more information
To discuss which grants support services might be right for you, please forward your name, school entity, county, intermediate unit, number of buildings and student enrollment information to the Grants Support Program helpdesk, or call (800) 473-5608, and a consultant will reply promptly.