The Timothy M. Allwein Advocacy Award was established in 2011 by the Pennsylvania School Boards Association and may be presented annually to the individual school director or entire school board to recognize outstanding leadership in legislative advocacy efforts on behalf of public education and students that are consistent with the positions in PSBA’s Legislative Platform.
In addition to being a highly respected lobbyist, Timothy Allwein served to help our members be effective advocates in their own right. Many have said that Tim inspired them to become active in our Legislative Action Program and to develop personal working relationships with their legislators.
Allwein Award Recipients
- Dr. Richard Frerichs, Penn Manor School District (Lancaster Co.)
- Lynn Foltz, Wilmington Area School District (Lawrence Co.)
- Shauna M. D'Alessandro CPA, West Jefferson Hills School District (Allegheny Co.)
- Mark B. Miller, Centennial School District (Bucks Co.)
- Tina Viletto, School District of Cheltenham Township (Montgomery Co.)
- Roberta M. Marcus, Parkland School District (Lehigh Co.)
- Lawrence A. Feinberg, The School District of Haverford Township (Delaware Co.)