- This event has passed.
Spring Legal Roundup, Fort Washington
Apr 4, 2019 • 1:30 pm - 5:00 pm
Get a year’s worth of school law updates in three hours in this event designed for school directors, administrators and school solicitors. Experts will review legal developments and court cases and how they could impact your school entity. Presenters at each location will include an attorney from PSBA Legal Services and a school solicitor practicing in the local area. Participants may earn three substantive continuing legal education credits.
Location: Upper Dublin High School, 800 Loch Alsh Avenue, Fort Washington, PA 19034
Room: Forum Room
This year’s event will cover a range of topics including:
- Transgender student litigation
- School accessibility for disabled students
- Responding to red flags indicating sexual abuse of students and “failure to train” claims
- Special education FAPE standards, contingent IEPs, compensatory education and attorney fees
- Residence issues impacting special education and homeless youth
- Right to Know requests for school bus security camera videos
- First Amendment retaliation claims and employee discipline for social media rants
- Coerced resignations and constructive discharge
- Improper classification as substitutes
- Grievances over professional employee evaluations
- Revival of furlough bumping rights
- Added procedures when outsourcing non-instructional union work
- Permissibility of Project Labor Agreements
- Statutory tort immunity erosion
- School security issues
- Sale of district land and buildings
Cost: This event is complimentary for All-Access members or $149 per person with standard membership and $249 per person for nonmembers.
Registration: Register online by logging in to myPSBA.
Spring Legal Roundup is from 1:30-4:45 p.m. (across all locations).
For a complete list of dates and locations, see https://www.psba.org/2018/11/spring-legal-roundup/