- This event has passed.
Spring Legal Roundup
Mar 24, 2021 • 1:45 pm - 4:45 pm
PSBA's Spring Legal Roundup is an engaging and interactive three-hour educational event that provides important updates on significant developments in school law. Participants may earn up to three substantive continuing legal education credits. Topics covered this year include:
- New liability exception to immunity for child sexual abuse
- Discipline of students for off-campus misconduct
- Employee discipline for off-duty social media postings
- Virtual meetings and the Sunshine Act
- Wiretap Act liability for recording telephone calls
- Constitutional challenge to economic furloughs
- Child porn implications when school staff handle videos showing sexual activity involving students
- Right-to-Know Law developments: school bus videos, the pre-decisional exception and expanded duties of open records officers
- New clarity on the rights of LGBTQ students
- When Title IX deems schools have knowledge of sexual discrimination, harassment and assault
- Requests for medical marijuana accommodations
Please note: This event is intended for attorneys only. School board directors will have a similar event specific to their role in public education in April 28.
Stuart Knade Esq., Senior Director of Legal Services
Linda J. Randby, Esq., Director of Legal Services
Registration: Click here to register today!