- This event has passed.
Spring Advocacy Day
Apr 25, 2022
Your Day on the Hill
Join us at the state Capitol in Harrisburg on Monday, April 25, 2022, for Advocacy Day. This complimentary event, sponsored by PSBA and the Pennsylvania Association of School Administrators (PASA), will bring school directors and superintendents together to advocate for key education issues:
- The impact of state funding on your district, including basic and special education, and providing critical services for students as we navigate through the pandemic.
- The need for meaningful charter school funding reforms that reflect the actual costs to educate students in regular and special education programs.
- 8:00 – 8:30 a.m. – Registration and breakfast at the State Museum of Pennsylvania, 300 North Street, Harrisburg (adjacent to the Capitol)
- 8:30 a.m. – Welcome, issue briefings, logistics for the day
- 9:00 a.m. – Group walk to the Capitol for meetings with legislators. PSBA will schedule your
appointments with legislators once your registration is received.
- 12:30 p.m. – Press Conference – Capitol Rotunda
- Lunch – Registrants will receive a coupon that can be used in the Capitol Restaurant
located on the ground floor of the Capitol
Virtual option: Can’t come to Harrisburg but still want to reach out to your legislators? Log onto myPSBA for the virtual option for resources and messages to help you advocate at your own convenience. Please note that the virtual option does not include scheduled meetings with legislators.
Registration for attending in-person has closed.