- This event has passed.
Solicitors’ Symposium, State College
Jul 14, 2016 • 8:00 am - Jul 15, 2016 • 5:00 pm
The Nittany Lion Inn, State College, Pennsylvania8 CLE credits (7 substantive, 1 ethics)
Program begins at 9 a.m. on Thursday, July 14, 2016 (registration and continental breakfast from 8-9 a.m.), and concludes at noon on Friday, July 15.
- Social Media, School Employees, and the First Amendment (Brian F. Boland Esq., Kozloff Stoudt, Wyomissing, PA)
- Best Practices for Open Meetings, Executive Sessions and Sunshine Act Compliance (Kenneth A. Roos Esq., Wisler Pearlstine, Blue Bell, PA)
- Accommodating Transgender Students (Karen McConnell, Assistant Superintendent for Finance and Administrative Operations, Central Dauphin School District, Harrisburg, PA, and Anthony G. Sanchez Esq., Sanchez Legal Group, Pittsburgh, PA)
- School Law Update (Michael I. Levin Esq., PSBA General Counsel, Levin Legal Group, Huntingdon Valley, PA)
- Front-loading Public Policy into Your Arbitration Case (John G. Audi Esq., Sweet, Stevens, Katz & Williams, Pittston, PA)
- Pitfalls and Programming Strategies in Safely and Legally Responding to Dangerous and Disruptive Students in General Education Settings (Carl P. Beard Esq., Andrews & Beard, Altoona, PA)
- Before You Hit Send: Navigating an E-mail Minefield (Amanda J. Sundquist, Esq., Unruh, Turner, Burke & Frees, West Chester, PA)
NEW this year – on Thursday evening from 6-8 p.m., a “Solicitors Grill & Greet” will be held on the patio of the Nittany Lion Inn. Cost to attend is $32 per person (pre-registration required) and includes the tentative menu of: carved short rib w/ traditional chimi churri, grilled flat bread, grilled vegetable salad (scapes, baby beets, yellow squash), greens with Tait farm raspberry shrub vinaigrette, chicken wings rubbed with mild green New Mexican chili, chicken thigh and grilled quail with Sweet Heat honey jalapeno sauce, Morcilla de Cebolla sausage, grass fed hot dogs, bison sliders, trout, grilled pineapple, and S’mores. A cash bar will also be available. Join us for a wonderful evening of networking and socializing with colleagues and friends!
Registration, Full Symposium (Thursday & Friday)
- Early Registration (through June 22) – $380
- Registration (after June 22) – $400
Penn State Hospitality Services, (800) 233-7505; www.pennstatehotels.com (make sure to select The Nittany Lion Inn)Group Reservation Identification Number: SCHG16C
Deadline for PSBA block rate is June 13.
Register online in the Member Store, https://www.psba.org/members-area/member-store/. (Members must be logged in to access!)
You will need your username and password to register for the Solicitors’ Symposium. Your username and password, if not changed by you, is your email address (username) and the first letter of your first name and full last name (password). Contact Katherine Fitz-Patrick if you have trouble accessing the Members Area.
If multiple attorneys from your firm plan to register for the Solicitors’ Symposium and you have a staff member responsible for all registrations, please have the staff member contact Katherine Fitz-Patrick in order to receive a username and password for such purposes.