Frequent Sunshine Act Pitfalls When the Solicitor Is Not in Attendance
Dec 8, 2023 • 10:00 am - 11:00 am
Some school boards regularly ask their school solicitor to attend board meetings and provide consultation related to the Sunshine Act when preparing for those meetings. However, others do not, and very few boards have them attend every committee meeting or working session. So, what happens when the solicitor is not in attendance and things go awry? What can solicitors do to help prevent these missteps? This live, virtual training will address:
- The most recent updates to PA’s Sunshine Act that some boards may not readily recognize
- Considerations for operating committee meetings in the Sunshine
- Pitfalls during public comment
- Executive session slippage
- Other areas where boards frequently ask for guidance
This event will preview the release of PSBA's recently revised book, A Practical Guide to the Pennsylvania Sunshine Act, which will be available for purchase in the new year.
- Stuart L. Knade, Esq., PSBA Chief Legal Officer Emeritus
- Heather Masshardt, PSBA Director of Policy Services
To register, visit the CLE portal.
CLE Credits: Attorneys attending may receive up to 1 CLE credit (all substantive).