2022 Hybrid Delegate Assembly Meeting
Nov 5, 2022 • 9:00 am
The PSBA Delegate Assembly is our association-wide business meeting that includes platform and bylaws consideration, financial updates and leadership election results. The 2022 Delegate Assembly will occur as a hybrid event on Saturday, November 5 at 9:00 a.m. Appointed delegates will have the option to choose whether they want to attend the event virtual or in-person. The in-person gathering will be held at PSBA headquarters in Mechanicsburg, PA. Access for in-person attendance will be available for the first 120 delegates who choose this option when registering. All remaining delegates will be able to participate fully via Zoom.
In early October, PSBA will distribute the final materials. These materials will be distributed via email to the appointed delegates(s), the board president and board secretary.
Voting delegates officially represent the entire entity in the following ways:
- Receive reports from the PSBA president, chief executive officer and treasurer.
- Receive the election results for PSBA leadership, including Governing Board officers, Zone Representatives and Sectional Advisors.
- Consider proposals recommended by the PSBA Platform Committee and adopt the legislative platform for the coming year.
- Consider and act upon any proposed changes to the PSBA Bylaws.
Eligibility of Delegates:
Each PSBA-member entity is entitled to have at least one voting delegate at the meeting. Only school directors, school board secretaries along with members and secretaries of the governing body of other PSBA member entities are eligible to serve as delegates. Assistant and recording secretaries, superintendents or other administrators are not eligible by virtue of such positions. The bylaws require that all entities submitting voting delegates must have paid their current year dues to the association. Under the association’s bylaws, appointment of delegate(s) permitted by district class are as follows:
- First Class school districts may appoint up to four delegates.
- Second Class school districts may appoint up to three delegates.
- Third Class school district may appoint up to two delegates.
- Fourth Class districts, intermediate units, career and technical centers, and other PSBA member entities may appoint one delegate.
No representative may be appointed by or represent more than one member entity. For example, a delegate cannot represent or vote on behalf of both the board of a school district and the board of an intermediate unit.
There is no registration fee to participate in the Delegate Assembly. An online observation area will be open to any member who is not a voting delegate.
If you have any questions about the Delegate Assembly or appointment of delegates, please contact Sherri Houck at (717) 506-2450, ext. 3000 or firstname.lastname@example.org.