- This event has passed.
2021 Virtual Equity Summit: Developing Systems of Equity for a New Generation
Oct 25, 2021 • 10:30 am - 4:00 pm
During the last year, educational leaders have faced glaring inequities that have been exacerbated by a global pandemic. What has emerged is an understanding that education must evolve to meet the needs of all students. Classrooms and boardrooms in every Pennsylvania district must understand equity as the foundation of public education and work to address injustice within their schools. The 2021 PSBA Equity Summit seeks to identify equitable practices, highlight stories of change, and provide strategies for moving Pennsylvania schools toward systems that honor our students’ hopes, dreams and potential.
As physical buildings reopen, district leaders are examining educational structures and processes, asking questions about digital equity, trauma-informed approaches, culturally responsive pedagogy and methods to combat systemic discrimination in education. The work to transform systems is urgent and complex — spanning decisions in curriculum, policy, professional development, budget processes, human resources and community engagement.
The 2021 PSBA Equity Summit will offer sessions addressing the following topics:
- Leveraging qualitative and quantitative data to inform equity-focused decisions of district governance and leadership
- Developing district-level equity taskforce teams to drive recommendations to district governance and leadership
- Building trust with students and historically marginalized communities for more effective and equitable district communications
- Developing equity-focused board policies and resolutions
- Developing a culturally responsive curriculum and leadership framework, including support for equity-focused positions
Registration has closed.
Approximately a week before the summit, you will receive a Zoom link enabling you to attend the virtual event.
If you registered as a staff member (other than school director, superintendent, business manager or board secretary) of an All-Access member school entity at the rate of $85 or as a standard member at the rate of $99, your refund will be processed automatically. If you have questions related to registration or refunds, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.