- This event has passed.
2020 Equity Summit: Centering Equity in Crisis and Transformation
Oct 13, 2020 • 10:00 am - 8:30 pm
School districts are navigating ongoing crises caused by the COVID-19 pandemic and by systemic discrimination and racism. These crises have exposed deep inequitable gaps in our educational system, which will only widen if communities and educational systems do not address them effectively. To do so requires that school systems put equity at the center — restructuring, reframing, reorganizing, and most importantly, reimagining their practices, policies and programs to effectively support the needs of all members of the school community. The 2020 Equity Summit seeks to reimagine a transformational education in Pennsylvania, where all students are safe, engaged, affirmed and supported so that they can reach their dreams.
The summit will include keynotes and sessions that will focus on:
- Building a foundation for equity in practice and policy
- Uplifting imaginative best practices to mitigate the inequity gaps exposed during the pandemic, such as in digital learning, trauma and social-emotional learning, culturally responsive practices, and community, student and family engagement
- Centering antiracism and combating vestiges of systemic discrimination in school practices and policies
- Developing networks for collaboration amongst education stakeholders in Pennsylvania
10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. | Welcome and Opening Session – Centering Students in Equity
2:00 – 4:40 p.m. | Concurrent Sessions – Telling Our Stories: Building an Equity Focus in the Midst of a Pandemic
6:30 – 8:30 p.m. | Building an Antiracist Movement in Schools and Community
Click here to preview the full event schedule.
Complimentary and included in PSBA membership for the following:
- school board directors
- superintendents & assistant superintendents
- business managers & board secretaries
- directors of equity