From staying on top of changes in school law to keeping up with regulations and mandates, school board secretaries have taken on an ever-increasing responsibility. PSBA’s School Board Secretaries Forum provides networking and professional development opportunities to help you do your job more effectively and efficiently.
The Forum provides school board secretaries access to education, resources and advocacy. Through the use of technology and communication resources, PSBA provides you with the tools and information to meet today’s challenges and responsibilities.
Membership in the School Board Secretaries Forum is included in PSBA All-Access dues.
Benefits of joining the PSBA School Board Secretaries Forum:
- PSBA legislative resources and advocacy
- Annual statewide school board secretaries conference
- Access to PSBA’s online training resources, including specific trainings for school board secretaries
- Annual school board secretaries sectional meetings
The purpose of this forum is to provide a medium for school directors, school board secretaries, assistant board secretaries, acting board recording secretaries, recording secretaries and any person designated in a similar capacity in a public school of this commonwealth to exchange information and views concerning the administration of the public schools of the commonwealth. Membership includes school board secretaries, assistant board secretaries, acting board recording secretaries, recording secretaries and any person designated in a similar capacity in a public school of this commonwealth appointed by the local board or school district.
School Board Secretaries Forum Steering Committee
Members of the Steering Committee of the forum shall be responsible for department affairs during the interim of the annual meetings. It shall be the duty of the Steering Committee to carry out the objectives and purposes of the department.
- Attend four meetings each year at PSBA headquarters or other designated location.
- Serve a one-year term on PSBA Affiliate Council during the term of committee president, which meets at least once a year.
- Travel expenses and lodging will be paid for by PSBA upon completion of the required expense reimbursement form, which is available at each meeting attended.
- Term of office is seven years including serving in the fifth year as committee vice-president, in the sixth year as committee president and in the seventh year as the committee immediate past president.
Besides the duties outlined above, each Executive Committee member is expected to contribute his/her knowledge and expertise in the development and presentation of projects throughout the year. These may include New Board Secretary workshops at various locations in PA, and the PASA-PSBA School Leadership Conference. Attendance and participation at the annual School Board Secretaries Conference is most important.
Beth Zeigler, Shikellamy SD
- Immediate Past President
Jodi Onstead, Salisbury-Elk Lick SD
Tel: 814-662-2733 x-515
- Carl Mitchell, Cameron Co. SD
Tel: 814-486-4000, x-3840
- Lorraine Rocco, Freedom Area SD
- Brian Feick, Lehighton Area SD
- Lisa L. Pittner, Crawford Central SD
- Christina Griffiths
PSBA Representative to the committee
For more information, contact Ashley White at (800) 932-0588, ext. 3316.