The evolving situation surrounding the outbreak of COVID-19 has propelled the commonwealth and the world into an unprecedented scenario. While the uncertainties can be unsettling, we know that Pennsylvania has courage and through this, we will come back stronger together.
PA Schools Ready is the place to come for innovative and thoughtful ideas from other districts—ways for schools, communities and parents to cope. It’s the spot where you’ll see real-time results of a statewide poll showing the needs of districts and their feelings on state-level support. Take a look at the heat map showing the impact of the pandemic to schools across the country, and join us on Twitter at #PASchoolsReady as we support each other and create new solutions. We are strong together and we are ready to take on what’s next to restore our school system.
Commonwealth Connected: Ideas from Across the State
New Territory: Resources for Adapting and Restoring
- 3/31/20 – Pennsylvania-Based Nonprofit Makes Online Content and Support Available at No Cost to High Schools and Students in the Keystone State
- 3/28/20 – CRPE – The Latest from a Nationwide Survey: Districts Continue to Struggle Toward Online Learning
- 3/23/20 – PSEA – Tools and Resources for K-12 Online Learning during the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Center for Safe Schools : Supporting One Another in Times of Crisis from Harvard Graduate School of Education
- Pennsylvania teachers tackle remote learning during coronavirus – WHYY
- AP Updates for Schools Impacted by Coronavirus | AP Central — The College Board
- McGraw-Hill Resources and Instructional Materials for Out-of-School Learning
- RTI International – Center for Education Services – COVID-19 Resources for Student Resiliency
- CASEL – Social and Emotional Learning Resources for Parents, Educators and State Policymakers
- Study.com Donates Mobile-Friendly Learning Curriculum to Schools
Video Edition Remote: Educational Updates from Legislators and School Leaders
- 4/3/20 – Professional Development and Arts Education Online — A Talk with Kristen Campbell
- 4/3/20 – Bills and Budgets: A Talk with Rep. Jason Ortitay
- 4/1/20 – Implementing Remote Instruction: A Talk with Dr. John Zesiger
- 3/31/20 – ‘We’re in this Together’: A Talk with Dr. Rich Fry
- 3/31/20 – Rising to the Challenges in Southwest PA: A Talk with Lena Hannah
- 3/30/20 – Rural Schools and COVID-19 — A Talk with Dr. Gregg Paladina
- 3/30/20 – Long-Range Planning: A Talk with Donna Miller
- 3/27/20 – Serving the Community: A Talk with Dr. Joseph Macharola
- 3/25/20 – Co-Sponsorship Memo: A Talk with PA Senator, Wayne Langerholc
- 3/24/20 – Co-Sponsorship Memo: A Talk with PA State Rep. Curt Sonney
- 3/24/20 – Educational Continuity: A Talk with Dr. Steve Yanni
#PASchoolsReady Twitter Feed
Tools for Virtual Board Meetings
Virtual meetings have taken on a new level of importance. PSBA has worked to secure the tools you need to operate effectively, even as we are all working from separate spaces.
Zoom virtual meeting spaces and BoardDocs paperless agenda solution will allow your board to connect, discuss, vote and review documents as if you were sitting together in a meeting room. Also a big element of any school board meeting is public accessibility. Challenge Solved!
PSBA along with partner, CM Regent is offering all member school districts and CTC’s a complimentary Zoom group license that gives your school board the ability to hold meetings and live stream them through YouTube or Facebook. Questions can be entered by public viewers, along with media members, and your school board directors can discuss and vote in a manner that is compliant and that allows school directors and their superintendent to have face time for optimal distance interaction.
PSBA training sessions are available so that you can maximize the use of your Zoom license and BoardDocs solution – opt-in for one or both and let us know that you’d like to receive training!
Zoom group license option is a 1-year agreement good through March 2021. BoardDocs free option is good through June 30, 2020.
BoardDocs/Diligent Paperless Agenda System Support During the Pandemic
What to Expect Next
We are working on a number of resources to share with our partners and districts including a short video tutorial on best practices for using BoardDocs to support communication and information access in a crisis. I expect to share those with you in the coming days. For any district that needs assistance on specific BoardDocs functionality, Support is available 24×7 by contacting 800-407-0141, option 1 or email@example.com
As a reminder, we are waiving the implementation fee ($1000) and offering deferred billing of the annual subscription until July 1 on any new implementation of BoardDocs. This means that any district can get started with BoardDocs right away now, and will only be billed the 1-year annual subscription fee in July. Any district wishing to upgrade from a current version to Plus or Pro (to leverage additional communication or planning functionality) can also do so now, with deferred billing in July. We hope this will alleviate concerns about process and timelines for districts wishing to deploy online governance & communication tools during this time while in-person interactions may be restricted.
Zoom & BoardDocs Opt-in Form
Please Note: Zoom Licensing was purchased for School District Board’s and Career and Technology Center Joint Operating Committee’s only.