A weekly companion to your Daily EDition e-newsletter. Watch other videos from PSBA on our YouTube channel.
Video EDition: Educational Updates from Legislators and School Leaders
Past Video EDition
- November 22 | Matters for mandatory bargaining | Trauma-informed education | Legislation passed and moving at the state and federal levels
- November 15 | Preparing for and managing public protests | House Bill 1660 | School masking order appeal | School funding trial update | PA Innovative School Board Award: Moniteau School District
- November 8 | PA school funding trial | Who is considered a ‘confidential’ employee in the collective bargaining process? | Onboarding new school directors
- November 1 | Board president voting capabilities | In-district virtual academies – how to re-attract cyber charter students
- October 25 | Appointing a temporary superintendent | Legislation moving at the Capitol | Innovation and Policy Institute
- October 18 | Tips for effective, productive board meetings | Fall Virtual Advocacy Day recap | What is a bargaining unit?
- October 11 | Advocacy Day; update on voucher and curriculum transparency bills | Authority of the superintendent to hire/fire employees | Williamsport Area School District workforce readiness program
- October 4 | Hiring and job seeking with PSBA’s Career Gateway | Update on school voucher legislation | Performance standards for superintendents
- September 27 | 2021 Virtual School Leadership Conference: What to expect | Action Alert: House Bill 1254 on vouchers & House Bill 1685 on charter schools | Collective bargaining defined
- September 20 | Proper board procedure for taking roll call | Managing communication during controversy
- September 13 | New amendments to the Sunshine Act | Mask mandate response and charter school reform legislation at the Capitol | Forming a board committee
- September 6 | School board voting rights of the superintendent | Act 18 of 2019: New requirements regarding threat assessments
- August 30 | First in PA to add electric buses – talking with the SD of Philly | Executive session: When can they be held relative to a regular meeting?
- August 23 | Roll call at school board meetings | Senate Bill 312
- August 16 | School Safety Officers as trained mentors at the SD of Philadelphia | Online instructional programs and legal compliance issues to consider