All persons seeking nomination for elected positions of the Association shall send applications to the attention of the chair of the Leadership Development Committee, during the months of April and May an Application for Nomination to be provided by the Association expressing interest in the office sought. “The Application for nomination shall be marked received at PSBA Headquarters or mailed first class and postmarked by June 1 to be considered and timely filed.” (PSBA Bylaws, Article IV, Section 5.E.).
Open positions are:
- 2018 President Elect (one-year term)
- 2018 Vice President (one-year term)
- 2018-20 Treasurer (three-year term)
- 2018-19 Central Section at Large Representative – includes Regions 4, 5, 6, 9 and 12 (for the remaining two years of a three-year term)
- 2018-20 Western At Large Representative – includes Regions 1, 2, 3, 13 and 14 (three-year term)
In addition to the application form, PSBA Governing Board Policy 302 asks that all candidates furnish with their application a recent, print quality photograph and letters of application. The application form specifies no less than three letters of recommendation and no more than four, and are specifically requested as follows:
- One from superintendent or school director of home entity
- One from a school director from another school district
- Other individuals familiar with the candidate's leadership skills
PSBA Governing Board Policy 108 also outlines the campaign procedures of candidates.
All terms of office commence January 1 following election.