From staying on top of changes in school law to keeping up with regulations and mandates, school board secretaries have taken on an ever-increasing responsibility. PSBA’s School Board Secretaries Forum provides networking and professional development opportunities to help you do your job more effectively and efficiently.
The Forum provides school board secretaries access to education, resources and advocacy. Through the use of technology and communication resources, PSBA provides you with the tools and information to meet today’s challenges and responsibilities.
Membership in the School Board Secretaries Forum is included in PSBA All-Access dues.
- PSBA legislative resources and advocacy
- Annual statewide school board secretaries conference
- Access to PSBA’s online training resources, including specific trainings for school board secretaries
The purpose of this forum is to provide a medium for school board secretaries in a Pennsylvania public school district, intermediate unit or career and technical school to exchange information and views concerning the administration of the public school of the commonwealth. Membership includes school board secretaries, assistant board secretaries, acting board recording secretaries, recording secretaries and any person designated in a similar capacity in a public school of this commonwealth appointed by the local board or school district.
School Board Secretaries Forum Steering Committee
Members of the Steering Committee of the forum shall be responsible for forum affairs during the interim of the annual meetings. It shall be the duty of the Steering Committee to carry out the objectives and purposes of the department.
- Attend four meetings each year at PSBA headquarters or other designated location.
- Serve a one-year term on PSBA Affiliate Council during the term of committee president, which meets at least once a year.
- Travel expenses and lodging for approved forum meetings and activities will be reimbursed by PSBA upon completion of the required expense reimbursement form, which is available at each meeting attended.
- Term of office is two years.
Besides the duties outlined above, each Steering Committee member is expected to contribute his/her knowledge and expertise in the development and presentation of projects throughout the year. These may include New Board Secretary workshops at various locations in PA, and the PASA-PSBA School Leadership Conference. Attendance and participation at the annual PSBA School Board Secretaries Conference is most important.
2019 Committee Members
Beth Zeigler, Shikellamy SD
- Brian Feick, Lehighton Area SD
- Anita Kaseman, Quakertown Community SD
- Denise LaPera, Lower Merion SD
- Lorraine Rocco, Freedom Area SD
- Christina Griffiths
PSBA Representative to the committee
For more information, contact Crista DeGregorio at (800) 932-0588, ext. 3426.