Members of PSBA heard the election results for new officers and sectional advisors at the hybrid Delegate Assembly on Saturday, November 4, conducted in person at PSBA offices in Mechanicsburg and via Zoom. Open voting for members of PSBA was held September 11-October 27 through a secure, online voting website. The new officers will take their offices on January 1, 2024. Officers of the 2024 Governing Board are listed below with (*) indicating positions that were up for election this year.
- President – Mike Gossert, Cumberland Valley SD (Cumberland Co.)
- President-elect* – Allison Mathis, North Hills SD (Allegheny Co.)
- Vice President* – Sabrina Backer, Franklin Area School District (Venango Co.)
- Treasurer* – Dr. Karen Beck Pooley, Bethlehem Area School District (Northampton Co.)
- Immediate Past President – David Schaap, Brentwood Borough School District (Allegheny Co.)
- Eastern Zone Representative – Edward Brown, Upper Darby SD (Delaware Co.)
- Central Zone Representative – Julie Preston, Northern Tioga SD (Tioga Co.)
- Western Zone Representative* – Marsha Pleta, Washington School District (Washington Co.)
Erik Meredith, East Allegheny School District (Allegheny Co.), was elected to serve a two-year term as Section W3 advisor. Sectional advisor co-leaders and the advisory council chair will be selected in January.
Members also elected two PSBA Insurance Trustees to serve a three-year term:
- Marianne Neel
- Michael Faccinetto
2024 Legislative platform adopted
In addition to hearing the results of officer elections, member delegates voted to adopt PSBA's 2024 Legislative Platform at the Delegate Assembly meeting. The platform is PSBA’s official record of positions on legislative issues and is the guide for the association’s advocacy efforts. The new platform has been posted to the PSBA website.
SBS Forum Steering Committee elects leaders
School Board Secretaries Forum Steering Committee has elected three leaders for a two-year term starting in 2024:
- Bethanne Zeigler, Shikellamy School District
- JaimeLynn Zimerofsky, Schuylkill IU 29
- Jennifer Davidson, Manheim Township School District