The PA Department of Education (PDE) has a new program starting soon, You've Got a Friend in Pennsylvania. It is establishing a fully automated pep talk phone line that users can call to hear words of encouragement, jokes and advice from Pennsylvania students in kindergarten through high school.
The phone line will feature prerecorded messages from students, and that’s where you come in! PDE needs audio file submissions from students interested in participating. These files can be .mp3 or .wav and can be recorded on a smartphone or other device. No professional audio equipment is required!
The name/location of the child or children featured on the recording is not shared on the phone line, and all submissions will be captured and added by Commonwealth of Pennsylvania employees.
How to Submit a Recording
Submissions can be emailed to email@example.com. Please include which age group/category you’re recording is for and the name of your school (this information is for internal use only.) Please include a completed Consent of Use of Voice.
• Pep talk from individual students or groups (ex. “You can do it; keep going!”)
• Your favorite joke (ex. “Why did the cookie go to the doctor? He felt crummy.”)
Early Elementary School
• Pep talk from individual student or group (ex. “It’s okay to ask for help”)
• Your favorite joke (ex. “What kind of tree can you fit in your hand? A palm tree!”)
Older Elementary through High School
• Life advice from a student or group (ex. “At the end of the day, think of one thing you are thankful for.”)
• Words of encouragement from individual students or groups in Spanish.
Contact Dana Milakovic, Department of Education at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.