The Pennsylvania Farm to School Grant Program provides funds to improve access to healthy, local foods and increase agriculture education opportunities for kids. Schools are eligible to apply and producers, community leaders and anyone who is a farm-to-school stakeholder is encouraged to partner with their local school when applying for and implementing this grant.
The PA Farm to School Grant funds:
- Training for teachers and staff
- Procuring local foods for school cafeterias
- Educational opportunities such as:
- Including classroom curricula as well as experiential learning
- Providing for family and community involvement in educational opportunities
- Field trips to local farms or other agricultural operations
- School Gardens for the purpose of education or to supply the cafeteria
Learn more here and apply by May 19, 2023!