The PA departments of Human Services (DHS) and Education (PDE) will be providing statewide training for all participating School-Based ACCESS Program (SBAP) teams on September 20, 2022. These sessions are intended for ACCESS coordinators, special education directors and supervisors, business managers, and anyone else involved in SBAP. This training will be offered one day only, from 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. Attendees may attend in person at the Pennsylvania Training and Technical Assistance Network (PaTTAN) Harrisburg or via webinar. During the sessions, attendees will:
- Review updates to the Provider Handbook which include Medical Assistance-reimbursable use of telemedicine within SBAP, updates to the credentialing requirements of Orientation and Mobility Specialists, SBAP annual performance and claiming levels, and other information including the enrollment revalidation process.
- Learn about documentation requirements, credentialing, overbilling and common errors found during SBAP record reviews.
- Hear from Public Consulting Group (PCG) regarding compliance and managing operational changes associated to virtual requirements, including:
- Related Service Documentation: Monitoring of service log entry, compliance information, and reimbursement levels.
- Random Moment Time Study (RMTS): Ensuring the quality of staff pool positions, moment responses, and shifts.
- Medicaid Administrative Claiming (MAC): Participant activity and the impact of the annual Unrestricted Indirect Cost Rate on MAC.
- Hear from Sivic Solutions Group (SSG), who will provide an overview of the SBAP Cost Reconciliation and Cost Settlement program.
- In addition, the training will review some frequently asked questions received during the process and common mistakes identified during Desk Review.
Registration is required and can be done online via PaTTAN at http://www.pattan.net. Go to the training calendar for September 20, 2022 to register. Please contact Sharon Kennedy at email@example.com with registration questions. For content questions, please contact DHS’ vendors at SBAPsupport@pcgus.com or PAsupport@sivicsolutionsgroup.com.