PSBA has submitted comments to the Independent Regulatory Review Commission and the PA Department of Education generally supporting PDE’s proposed regulations for charter and cyber charter schools as a step in the right direction. The association recognizes the limited reach of the regulatory process versus legislative action by the General Assembly to substantially address much needed charter school reforms. PSBA continues to emphasize that charter schools be subject to the same level of accountability and transparency demanded of traditional public schools and that charter schools are paid fairly.
PSBA is supportive of the proposed regulations with some recommended revisions. In its six-page letter, PSBA provided specific comments regarding these sections of the proposed regulations:
- Contents of Charter School or Regional Charter School Application
- Random Selection Policies for a Charter School or cyber charter School
- Requirements for Boards of Trustees
- Fiscal Management and Audit Requirements
- Subsidy Redirection Process
- Health Care Benefits
Click here to read PSBA’s letter.