We need your stories! PSBA will be presenting testimony at an upcoming hearing in support of House Bill 955 (Rep. Ortitay, R-Allegheny), legislation to allow school districts to better engage their communities and manage their legal advertising costs by allowing them to advertise public notices either electronically or in printed format by choosing from a menu of options. The current mandate to publish notices of various meetings, bidding requirements and other information in print newspapers is expensive and inefficient. We would like to know about your district’s challenges that may include:
- Majority of the community does not subscribe to newspapers; they use electronic means of seeking information.
- Decrease of print newspapers in your area.
- Reduction in the number of times a newspaper is printed.
- Advance notice requirements limit, delay or even prevent the publication of timely notices.
- Increased advertising costs.