Do you have strong communication and leadership skills and a vision for PSBA? Members interested in becoming the next leaders of PSBA are encouraged to submit an Application for Nomination no later than June 1 to PSBA's Leadership Development Committee (LDC).
The nomination process
All persons seeking nomination for elected positions of the Association shall fill out an application on a form to be provided by the Association, expressing interest in the office sought. The application form will be sent to PSBA headquarters to be reviewed by the Leadership Development Committee.
Application Deadline: June 1, 2020
Open positions are:
- 2021 President-Elect (one-year term)
- 2021 Vice President (one-year term)
- 2021-23 Treasurer (three-year term)
- 2021-23 Western At-Large Representative (three-year term)
- 2020-21 Sectional Advisors – includes Sections 2, 4, 6 and 8 (two-year term)
In addition to the application form, PSBA Governing Board Policy 302 asks that all candidates who are approved for election will provide with their application a recent, print-quality photograph and letters of recommendation. The application form specifies no less than three letters of recommendation and no more than four, and are specifically requested as follows:
- One from a superintendent or school director from the home entity!
- One from a school director from another school district
- Other individuals familiar with the candidate's leadership skills
PSBA Governing Board Policy 108 also outlines the campaign procedures of candidates.
All terms of office commence January 1, following election.
For further instructions, questions or concerns, please contact email@example.com.