Do you want high-impact, engaging training that newly elected and reseated school directors can attend to be certified in new and advanced required training? PSBA has been supporting new school directors for more than 50 years by enlisting statewide experts in school law, finance and governance to deliver a one-day foundational training.
This year, we are adding a parallel track of sessions for those who need advanced school director training to meet their compliance requirements. These sessions will be delivered by the same experts but with advanced content. Look for a compact evening training or a longer Saturday session at a location near you. All sites will include one hour of trauma-informed training required by Act 18 of 2019. Weekend sites will include an extra hour for a legislative update from PSBA’s government affairs team.
New School Director Training
Week Nights: Registration opens at 3:00 p.m., program is from 3:30 p.m. -9:00 p.m., dinner with break included
Saturdays: Registration opens at 8:00 a.m., program is from 9:00 a.m. -3:30 p.m., lunch with break included
Advanced School Director Training
Week Nights: Registration and dinner open at 4:30 p.m., program is from 5:30 p.m. -9:00 p.m.
Saturdays: Registration opens at 10:00 a.m., program is from 11:00 a.m.-3:30 p.m., lunch with break included
Locations and dates
- Saturday, December 7 — AW Beattie Career Center, 9600 Babcock Blvd., Allison Park, PA 15101
- Saturday, December 7 — Radnor High School, 130 King of Prussia Road, Wayne, PA 19087
- Tuesday, December 10 — *Grove City Middle School, 100 Middle School Drive, Grove City, PA 16127
- Tuesday, December 10 — *Hambright Elementary School, 3000 Charlestown Road, Lancaster, PA 17603
- Tuesday, December 10 — *CTC of Lackawanna County, 3201 Rockwell Ave, Scranton, PA 18508
- Wednesday, December 11 — Upper St. Clair Township High School, 1825 McLaughlin Run Road, Upper St. Clair, PA 15241
- Wednesday, December 11 — *Montoursville Area High School, 700 Mulberry St, Montoursville, PA 17754
- Wednesday, December 11 — Berks County IU 14, 1111 Commons Blvd, Reading, PA 19605
- Thursday, December 12 — Richland High School, 1 Academic Avenue, Johnstown, PA 15904
- Thursday, December 12 — Seneca Highlands IU 9, 119 S Mechanic St, Smethport, PA 16749
- Thursday, December 12 — *Haverford Middle School, 1701 Darby Road, Havertown, PA 19083
- Saturday, December 14 — State College Area High School, 650 Westerly Pkwy, State College, PA 16801
- Saturday, January 11, 2020 — Eagle View Middle School, 6746 Carlisle Pike, Mechanicsburg, PA 17050
*Adjusted start and end times. Click the link to view additional information.
Complimentary for PSBA All-Access member entities. Lunch or dinner is included.
Standard Membership Pricing:
- New School Director Training: $85
- Advanced School Director Training: $50
Registration is open for both New School Director Training and Advanced School Director Training programs. To register, please sign into myPSBA and look for Store/Registration on the left.
For cancellations and other FAQs about registration, visit this page: https://www.psba.org/education-training/faq/
When registering, please note both the scheduled date of the training and hold the snow makeup day on your calendar. In the event of inclement weather, PSBA will automatically shift registrations to the snow makeup day for our member’s convenience.