Presented by CM Regent Insurance Company
The Pennsylvania School Boards Association is pleased to announce the creation of a new recognition program focused on drawing attention to innovation in public schools. Presented annually as a part of the Pennsylvania Public Education Foundation dinner, the awards seek to recognize innovative leadership in public schools through three categories:
- Innovative Board Award – recognizing a school board, career and technical center board or intermediate unit board that has adopted an innovative approach to their responsibilities and led the district to exceptional performance
- Innovative School Leader Award – recognizing a school superintendent, assistant superintendent, curriculum supervisor or building-level administrator that has demonstrated an innovative approach to leading their district, building or program
- Innovative Teacher Award – recognizing a teacher for their innovative approach to teaching and classroom leadership
Each award will include a financial award:
- Innovative School Board Award – $5,000 donated to the public school education foundation
- Innovative School Leader Award – $1,000 award to the recipient
- Innovative Teacher Award – $1,000 award to the recipient
Nominations will be accepted through August 31. Awards will be presented at a special dinner hosted at the Hershey Lodge and Convention Center on Oct. 18, 2017. Award recipients must be present at the dinner. Recipients must be a part of a PSBA member district at the time of nomination and receipt of the award.
All award recipients will be invited to attend the PaPEF dinner at the PSBA conference and be provided with a travel stipend of up to $500.
All award recipients will be featured in the post-conference edition of PSBA Bulletin and on the PSBA website. Questions regarding nominations should be directed to Teressa DeRoos at 717-506-2450.