School Board Solicitors Association
If a school entity has a need, chances are that PSBA has a service, expert or program to meet that need.
The Pennsylvania School Board Solicitors Association (PSBSA) is the most effective way for attorneys representing public schools to network, share ideas and expertise, and stay abreast of case law, legislation and issues in education and local government law impacting public schools.
PSBSA membership provides, at a remarkably-low cost, access to essential tools needed to ensure their public education clients get top-shelf legal advice and representation. Members know that the information they can access through PSBSA membership -- getting a head start on issues, help avoiding "reinventing the wheel," and learning what is going on in other districts -- can save their clients significant amounts in annual legal costs. Many believe that these potential savings can easily equate to several times the cost of their client entity's annual PSBA dues.
- PSBA's comprehensive publications subscription package -- Membership dues include one set of these publications. (Additional sets -- for branch offices, firms libraries, or to speed in-house circulation -- are available for only $225 each.)
- PSBA member rates for attendance at PSBA and National School Boards Association conferences and programs, including PSBA's popular CLE-approved School Law Workshops .
- Membership in the NSBA Council of School Attorneys (COSA) with subscription to valuable “members only” COSA resources such as Inquiry & Analysis, Federal Regulations & Resources, and Legal Clips, and eligibility to participate in COSA’s e-mail discussion group.
- Access to PSBA subject matter reference information and consultation with PSBA staff attorneys
- Receive e-mail alerts about important developments on hot issues
- Listing in annual membership directory
Members of the Association are solicitors to the vast majority of Pennsylvania's public school entities. Membership is open to firms or individual attorneys who serve as appointed solicitor for a school district board of directors or the board of another public school entity eligible for PSBA membership (intermediate units, area vocational schools and community colleges).
Although only solicitors are eligible for membership under current bylaws, nonmembers also are able to purchase PSBSA publications and are welcome to register for programs.
Nonmember Attorney Subscription Package
By special arrangement, a nonmember attorney subscription package is available for firms or attorneys who, while not appointed solicitors, regularly represent public school entities and their officials as defense counsel, labor counsel or other special counsel, or who are counsel to charter schools. Subscribers receive the same comprehensive PSBA publications package as Solicitors Association members, attendance at PSBA programs at member rates, as well as valuable networking opportunities, participation in selected e-mail updates. The nonsolicitor package also includes membership in NSBA/COSA (see description of COSA benefits and publications, above). Current price: $585 per year.
- Solicitors Association membership dues for the current calendar year are $500
- Additional subscription sets for members - $225
- Nonsolicitor subscription package - $600